ProChem industrial wastewater treatment systems are designed to support a facility's water needs and goals.
It all starts with a treatability test, where we will analyze water samples from your facility so that we can prescribe the wastewater treatment program that is best for you. In some cases, only a chemical treatment program may be necessary. In others, additional filtration may be required. A combination of factors are considered so that you get the best treatment for your facility in order to meet your discharge permit and corporate initiatives.
Factors for determining which wastewater treatment system is right for your facility
There is a method for removing any contaminant, whether you have oil in your water or selenium, or both. The contaminants in your water dictate the water treatment protocols required to remove them. Additional factors drive the need for equipment, such as:
- Consistency of waste stream or fluctuation of waste stream contaminants
- Volume of wastewater requiring treatment
- Equalization storage capacity
- System footprint requirements
- Automation requirements
We take the time and care to become familiar with your water, your goals, and your facility. This ensures that we can provide the most effective wastewater treatment solution for your situation and within your budget.
We offer all types of wastewater treatment systems:
- Continuous Flow: These are typically best for high-volume wastewater needs. They treat wastewater in stages, so that more water can be processed at a given time. These systems include physical/chemical treatment protocols, ion-exchange columns, equalization tanks, pumps, mixers, and more. Industrial water recycling systems can also be added to a continuous flow system so that your facility can reuse treated wastewater back in the manufacturing process.
- Batch Treatment: These systems are typically best for treating complex and challenging wastewater. They systems treat a set volume of water in batches, so that a more complex chemical treatment program can take affect and meet treatment criteria before it is pumped into the next stage of treatment, such as a filter press, before being discharged. With more challenging wastewater makeup, such as waste streams that vary from day to day with the product line, batch treatment is the most effective and reliable method of wastewater treatment. These systems include physical/chemical treatment protocols, ion-exchange columns, equalization tanks, pumps, mixers, and more. Industrial water recycling systems can also be added to a batch wastewater treatment system.
- Metals Removal: These systems can be made up of a chemical precipitation method that utilizes a batch or continuous flow setup or they can be made up of selective ion-exchange columns. Metals removal systems are flexible enough to treat a set volume of water or can be set up to treat in a continuous flow. The best metals removal system for your facility can only be determined trough a treatability test. Some metals can also be recovered for reuse. Ask us about metal recovery with metals removal. Metals removal systems include the ion-exchange media, columns, hoses, gauges, pumps, physical/chemical treatment protocols, tanks, pumps, mixers, and more. Industrial water recycling systems can also be added to a metals removal wastewater treatment system.
All ProChem industrial wastewater treatment systems are equipped with instrumentation that allows the system to run automatically and to report data to the on-site control panel with an interactive, full color, HMI. We also have web-based remote monitoring software options that allow you to monitor your system from any device with a web connection. This data utilizes SCADA so it can be integrated into your existing database for plant monitoring.