ProChem is hiring Environmental Technicians!
Immediate position available in:
- Pulaski, VA - Night shift only
We are always looking for good candidates. Apply any time.
How to apply: Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Environmental Technicians manage comprehensive industrial wastewater treatment programs at our customer sites. This includes ensuring environmental compliance and interfacing with regulatory agencies. This position functions as the daily, on-site operator for wastewater treatment systems and associated treatment programs.
The successful candidates will become proficient in chemical precipitation programs, particle filtration, bench scale treatment tests, system optimization, and various cause and effect scenarios. This position will develop a strong business partnership with the Site Supervisor and Environmental Coordinator to successfully meet and exceed the needs of the customer and to streamline the treatment program.
Advancement opportunity is available for top performers in these positions: Lead Environmental Technician, Technical Services Representative, and Regional Sales Representative.
- Follow, maintain, and update standard operating procedures for system operation.
- Follow, maintain and update quality control, safety, and PPE procedures.
- Perform bench scale treatment tests to determine optimal chemical dosage
- Maintain material resources needed for production process.
- Follow all safety, ISO, and EPA regulations.
- Performing special projects as assigned by manager
- Adhering to company policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong mechanical ability
- Ability to make field modifications / repairs to plumbing and centrifugal and diaphragm pumps
- Field experience with problem solving / optimization of a wide range of industrial treatment systems and/or processes, as well as experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of physical systems is desired
- Possess the ingenuity and initiative required to troubleshoot process upsets/problems, coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to comply with ISO procedures
Training, Education, & Experience
A bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, chemistry, or other related fields is required. Previous industrial wastewater experience is preferred but not required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
This position will be required to work in a variety of work conditions, which may require working both indoors and outdoors during a variety of weather conditions. The position requires moderate activity with bending, stooping, lifting, and ladder work. Individuals in this position will be working around electricity, water, plumbing equipment, and a variety of chemicals used within the wastewater treatment systems.