ProChem, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial water and wastewater treatment systems
ProChem helps facilities to improve performance, lower water and wastewater treatment costs, and ensure regulatory compliance through these valuable services:
Helping Our Customers Achieve Environmental Excellence
ProChem's goal is to establish the highest levels of credibility and a positive reputation for our customers within the regulatory community. Since ProChem began operational support services in 1999, we have helped our customers to win numerous environmental achievement awards:
Platinum Environmental Excellence Award
This award recognizes 5 consecutive years of 100% environmental compliance. ProChem helped its customer to earn this award for 2014, through its operational services for their wastewater treatment system.
Virginia Governor's Environmental Excellence Award
This award recognizes the significant contributions of environmental and conservation leaders in the Commonwealth of Virginia. ProChem helped customers to earn this award in 2005, 2009, and 2010 by installing industrial wastewater reuse systems that resulted in a significant reduction in water usage and a reduced environmental impact.
Environmental Gold Award from the Department of Utilities (Chesterfield County, Virginia)
This award recognizes outstanding environmental performance and permit management. ProChem customers won this award in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
Most Improved Industry Award from the Department of Utilities (Chesterfield County, Virginia)
This award recognizes companies that have made significant process improvements. A ProChem customer won this award in 2008.
Pollution Prevent Award from the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
This award recognizes businesses for outstanding pollution prevention and pollution reduction. ProChem's wastewater management programs helped customers to earn this award in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Founded as a merger between two companies: ProChem, a water systems company, and Chemical Systems, a chemical treatment company.
- Established our first industrial wastewater treatment operational account with a customer that ProChem continues to work with today.
- Awarded "Small Business of the Year in Business-to-Business Service" by the Roanoke, Virginia Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Relocated our manufacturing and systems integration operations to a new, larger facility in Elliston, Virginia. The new building provided bulk storage for raw materials and increased manufacturing space for specialty ion-exchange regeneration services.
- Designed, built, and installed a wastewater reclamation system in an automotive manufacturing facility that allowed for reuse of more than 90% of the industrial wastewater generated at the site. This system eliminated the customer's permit compliance issues and earned the customer a Virginia Governor's Award for Environmental Excellence.
- Installed our first wastewater treatment system outside of the United States in South America. The system provided remote monitoring capabilities that allowed for the customer's United States-based employees to operate the system and ensure complete environmental compliance.
- Awarded our first contract to design, build, own, operate a treatment system for a large industrial facility. This project resulted in operational savings for the customer in excess of $500,000 per year.
- Opened a new 12,000 square foot laboratory for research and development of industrial wastewater treatment processes. The new facility allowed for expanded capability in water characterization, treatability testing, and system design.
- Expanded international sales with a contract to design and build a wastewater treatment system for Alcoa in Mexico.
- Awarded a contract to design, build, own, and operate a treatment system for a major automotive parts manufacturer in the southeastern United States. Also received a contract to design, build, and operate a treatment system for a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Operations & Maintenance customer awarded the Platinum Environmental Excellence award, recognizing the facility's 5th consecutive year of 100% environmental compliance.
- Began an expansion project at company headquarters to add an additional 5,000 square foot fabrication facility.
A Single-Source Provider
From the initial planning phases to the operation and maintenance of your system, we are your single contact for all of your industrial water and wastewater needs.
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
ProChem's recognition by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) demonstrates our commitment to precision and the quality of our services.
Extensive Industrial Water and Wastewater Treatment Expertise
Our engineers, analyst, builders, technicians, and operators are experienced at resolving a wide variety of industrial water and wastewater treatment issues.
A Wide Array of Treatment Technologies
We are a vendor-independent company, allowing us the freedom to choose the best available technology when developing your water or wastewater treatment solution.
Advanced Remote Monitoring Capabilities
Monitoring a system’s performance is vital to quality operation. We offer state-of-the-art remote monitoring capabilities that can be accessed virtually anywhere.
A State-of-the-Art Treatability Lab
Determining the right solution for your facility requires the ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analyses on water samples from your facility. Our advanced treatability lab offers the latest in treatment analysis technology and allows us to determine the right solution for your business quickly and accurately.
Ongoing Employee Training
ProChem believes in constantly sharpening the skills of our employees. We require all employees to participate in ongoing training to ensure that they are skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced.
Internally Developed Chemical Programs
Along with providing skilled engineers and construction crews, we develop our own chemical programs to ensure that your system is as effective and efficient as possible.
A Permitted Specialty Ion-Exchange Regeneration Facility
Our headquarters facility is equipped with an ion-exchange regeneration area to yield quick turnaround for ion-exchange columns used within our customer's systems.
On-Site and Off-Site Pilot System Capabilities
ProChem believes that pilot testing is the most effective way to determine the validity of a system. Our on-site and off-site pilot water treatment systems allow us to ensure that our designs will work within your industrial setting.
No two industrial facilities are alike. Each customer presents new opportunities for innovation, and ProChem’s diverse customer base helps us to better understand the nuances of a customers' requirements. Whether you are an automotive company implementing a water reuse program or an electronics manufacturer removing contaminants from your wastewater, ProChem has worked with companies in your industry that are your size, that have your issues, and we know how to meet your needs.
- Automotive manufacturing
- Chemical and allied products
- General manufacturing
- Healthcare products manufacturing
- Lumber and wood products
- Medical device manufacturing
- Mining and mineral processing
- Primary metal industries and fabricated metal products
- Pulp and paper
Who We Are
We believe that successfully addressing water treatment needs requires a holistic approach.That’s why we provide a comprehensive set of solutions for managing our customer’s water.Each solution is designed specifically to serve that customer’s needs.
Certified ISO 9001:2008
Our ISO certification illustrates our dedication to effective engineering and administrative processes. We maintain focus and engagement in the maintenance and optimization of our customer’s systems. We make our customer’s water our business so that they can focus on their business.
Our solutions utilize innovative and effective technology to meet our customer’s needs such as our own:
I-PRO: Reverse Osmosis technique using high pressure.
AutoRun: Combines automation and controls with web-based remote monitoring software. Custom-formulated chemical blends: To reduce solids and chemical usage.